We operate as Pon.Bike Performance GmbH in Germany.We are part of Pon, one of the largest companies in the Netherlands and one of the top 5 players in the global bicycle industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Production Engineering and Quality Supervisor (m/f/d) at our European headquarter in Mainz-Mombach, Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team in a fast-paced and high growth business. You will function as a part of the team managing our new production facility that is currently under construction.
The Production Engineering and Quality Supervisor will oversee engineering needs of our all-new production facility and assure that all our bicycles meet the high quality expected by our customers.
You will be responsible for the design, improvement, maintenance, and implementation of production processes, systems, tools and equipment in close alignment with our colleagues in the US.These improvements include increasing output, elevating finished goods quality, reducing waste, lowering standard labor costs per output unit and enhancing assembly flexibility for multiple product configurations.During the set-up phase for our new production facility you will support the project management of several workstreams.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Lead a team of Engineers, Technicians and Quality Inspectors
- On-site project management to help set up the new production site
- Design and implement QC tooling and inspection processes for internal and supplier use
- Work with all Assembly Leadership and Production Engineers, ensure documentation of all current SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for each assembly process, along with all production equipment
- Develop production processes, systems, tools, and equipment.
- Assess and prioritize a continuous improvement path for the PBP Factory production processes and equipment
- Monitor Supplier Quality and PBP Quality; providing feedback to the company through dashboards and review meetings
- Perform root cause analysis and implement corrective action for quality findings
- Ensure strategic product (Frames, Rims, etc.) inspections are completed and thoroughly documented
- Participate in new product production
- Work with Procurement to manage quality at vendors
- Collaborate closely with the US team, to harmonize processes and strategies
Competencies & Requirements:
- Degree in mechanical engineering or a comparable education/experience
- 8+ years of experience in manufacturing and production and related engineering
- 5+ years of experience managing teams (> 5 members)
- Extensive experience in project management
- Solid experience in quality assurance procedures
- Detailed knowledge of bicycles, its components and its assembly
- Knowledge of CAD systems (e.g. Creo, NX, SolidWorks) to view and analyze data to provide feedback to designers
- Strong ability to collaborate with members of the production team and use feedback in a constructive way to find beneficial solutions
- Self-motivated – able to accomplish tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read, comprehend and explain documents in English and German. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English and German
What we offer you:
- We remunerate you in line with the market
- You are part of a growing industry
- Opportunity to work in a relaxed environment and are surrounded by passionate cyclists
- Employee Rides and events
Please apply with your CV and cover letter at https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/de-DE/careers-and-jobs
If you want to find out more please go to: